Easy Vegan Lunch and Dinner, to-go!
Darlene Adamusik, Nutrasumma Ambassador and author of “The Affordable Vegan Diet”, is sharing her top two go to meals. Easy prep, easy shopping trip, and delicious tasting make these meals easy for repetition in your weekly meal prep routines. Enjoy!
From Darlene: When I travel or go to work I use my 6 Pack Bags and pack my whole meals for the day. I’ve been using 6 Pack Bags for more than three years, and love them! The bags are insulated and come with plastic containers and ice packs. They come in numerous sizes, styles, and colors, and are extremely convenient for work, travel, and long drives. Having a 6 Pack Bag will help you stick to your plan, save money while you’re away from home, and prevent you from making poor decisions.
If you need more tips and recipes for the week, check out “The Affordable Vegan Diet.” The book includes more than 55 recipes that are fun, easy, and affordable! You’ll learn to make vegan protein bowls and burgers, as well as healthy cookies, muffins, brownies, and smoothies! When you follow the meal plan you will notice lower grocery bills and increased health and happiness!
Meal Prep Grocery list
*This list is for one more person for the week, double if needed
- Bag of shredded carrots
- 3 Whole carrots
- 1 green pepper
- Tub of spinach
- bag of brussel sprouts
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 1 onion
- Bag of celery
- 3 beets
- 1 Tempeh
- 3 cans of garbanzo beans
- 3 cans of black beans
- Bag of basmati rice
- 1 bag unsalted cashews
- 1 chipotle adobo sauce
- 1 just mayo (vegan brand)
- cumin, pepper, oregano (optional)
LUNCH: Happy “TUNA” Salad
Ingredients: 6 servings
3 cans Organic Chickpeas (drained well)
1 cup chopped purple onions
1 cup chopped celery
¼ – ⅓ cup Vegan “ Just Mayo” or Vegenaise, not real mayonnaise (it’s found anywhere, even target)
Seasoning: cumin, oregano, pepper
1 cup chopped mix vegetables (green peppers, carrots)
Mix greens or spinach
Dressing: 1 Serving
½ lime squeezed
¼ cilantro or Basil
1 clove garlic
(Optional) 1/2 tbs Agave
- Mash the chickpeas. They don’t have to be fully mashed, but at least 90%.
- Add onions, celery, Vegan Mayo, and season to taste.
- Mix well.
- Once mixed, divide equally to 6 containers. Put in the refrigerator.
- Make Dressing with Nutribullet or any good blender. Mix ingredients and add water slowly, depending on your favorite texture. You can make this fresh daily or make it every 3 days.
Suggestion: Prep the salad fresh daily. Grab a Plate or a bigger travel container and put a handful of spinach, add one of your divided “Tuna” container, sprinkle some vegetables (carrots, peppers, broccoli) and pour the dressing. When it’s in the container, shake it up and enjoy, it’s Dar-licious!
DINNER: Chipotle Roasted Vegetable “Cheese” Bowl
Ingredients: 6 servings
1 ½ cups cooked basmati rice
Bag of brussel sprouts (cut in half and cut the base)
2 chopped zucchinis
2 chopped Yellow Squashes
3 chopped Beets
3 chopped Carrots
6-12 oz Tempeh (divided in 6 containers)
3 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
Chipotle Cashew “Cheese” Sauce Ingredients: 3-4 Servings
1 cup Soaked Cashews in water (Soak night before or soak in boiling water for at least 1-2 hours)
4 Tbsp Chipotle Adobo Sauce
4 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- Precook the rice: 1 ½ cup rice with 3 cups of water.
- Preheat oven 425 degrees.
- Chop your Vegetables: Zucchini, Yellow squash, Beets, Brussel Sprouts, Carrots.
- Add and mix a little olive oil and your favorite seasoning (example: Cayenne, cumin, pepper, pinch of salt).
- Place the vegetables on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Put the vegetables in the oven and bake for 15-20min. It will depend on your oven and how you like it cooked.
While vegetables are in the oven, make the Chipotle Cashew “Cheese” Sauce.
Chipotle Cashew “Cheese” Sauce Recipe
1. Drain and rinse cashews.
2. Place 1 cup of soaked cashews in the food processor or Nutribullet.
3. Add 4 tbs of Chipotle Adobo sauce and 4 tbs of Nutritional Yeast Flakes.
4. Blend till creamy.
5. Take the mixture and pour it into a container.
Directions, cont: While the Vegetables are still in the oven, drain and rinse the black beans. Divide the black beans equally to 6 containers. If rice is ready divide it equally to the same container. Add crumbled Tempeh to each container, about 1-2 oz. When vegetables are ready, divide them equally to the same 6 containers.
Every day pour the container on a plate and add ¼ cup Chipotle Cashew “Cheese” Sauce and microwave for 2 minutes. If you are against using a microwave or don’t have one, then heat on a pan.
If you need more tips and advice contact Darlene Adamusik, Certified Vegan Lifestyle and Fitness Coach.